Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Moving Matters. Representation Matters.

As I’ve seen in the recent years since I’ve become a runner and gained an interest in fitness, I know that we come in all shapes and sizes. I know how very daunting it is to know you need to make positive changes through fitness but not see anyone that looks like you. Sometimes it is easier to not walk through that door into a running store or gym where I now know are welcoming and inclusive environments. As a person of size, I know how much representation matters. Fitness is not only about being thin or even about losing weight above all else. The number on the scale (or on the tag of your pants) is but one number to use to determine health. Better numbers are your PR times, how much you can lift, improvement in your cholesterol, or even how great you feel every day. I have met so many wonderful, supportive people through my local running community and I hope to share the love and help everyone learn how much moving matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment