Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Runaway

*Run a 5K.*

This is the second year that Maggie has participated in Girls on the Run. It is such a fantastic program teaching girls about self-esteem, being kind and being healthy. The weeks of lessons and training culiminate in a 5k run. The girls all make it and to see their smiling faces at the end of the run is awesome. I am so proud of my daughter for completing the race - twice! - with a smile.

It seems like everyone around me has taken up running. They all also seem like they have a renewed life and feel so great. In 1986 a family friend ran a 5k and I said back then that I wanted to run a 5k. I told the kids I would run this years GOTR. Well, I'm inspired. Before the next GOTR 5k, I will be trained and ready. Who knows, maybe I'll be ready sooner?

No comments:

Post a Comment